As a Lego collector, this Series 23 of the Collectible Minifigures (Model 71034) is a special one. It's the last series that uses plastic packaging.
It will be replaced with sustainable and recyclable cardboard packaging.
This series has an end-of-the-year holiday theme, focused on Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
We found a box and promptly built them and set them up for display. There are twelve minifigs in this series, here's what they look like:
Cardboard Robot - col23-6
Accessories included: Utensil scissors (flat silver color) and a 2 x 2 tile with control panel, a black display, and yellow buttons.
Ferry Captain - col23-10
This bag has the ferry boat and two red bars with stop rings. The captains headgear cap has nice details. I love the anchor pattern on it.
Green Dragon Costume - col23-12
As far as accessories, it incudes two white horns or tooth - part number 53451. The dragon costume is composed of the following parts:
- Green Minifigure Wings Gargoyle - 20608
- Green Minifigure Costume Tail Dragon with Black Spikes Pattern - 35756pb01
- Green Minifigure, Headgear Mask Dragon with White Teeth and Black Eyes and Scales Pattern - 35694pb01
Holiday Elf - col23-5
The Elf comes with a snow globe accessory. It's composed of two brand new parts. One of them is a printed 1 x 1 reddish brown plate that's supposed to be a micro gingerbread house; part 3024pb021. It's completed with a 1 x 1 double white slope.
The second brand new part released is a dome top with white snow spots pattern. The part number is 30151bpb01.
Knight of the Yellow Castle - col23-11
This knight comes loaded with accessories: a pony on a stick, a pearl gold sword and a triangular shield. The three brand new parts are:
- Light Bluish Gray Minifigure, Shield Triangular with Crown on Light Purple Background with Gold Border Pattern - 3846pb060
- Pearl Gold Minifigure, Weapon Sword, Shortsword Elaborate Hilt - 76764
- White Minifigure, Utensil Stick Pony Head with Blue Bridle, Black Eyes, Red Spot on Cheeks Pattern - bb1293pb01
Nutcracker - col23-1
A classic figure of the Christmas holiday. Two parts here are notable. The hat has white hair along with a gold trim pattern. Finally, and probably my favorite, a round 1 x 1 medium nougat tile to represent a walnut.
Popcorn Costume - col23-7
I've heard some folks say this is their least favorite minig, but as a popcorn lover, I disagree. Its simplicity is what makes this costume great. Sure, it doesn't come with accessories—would be great if it had a soda or a can.
Reindeer Costume - col23-4
The notable part here is brand new heart cookie with icing—part 39739pb05. The azure gift box is composed of brand new parts:
- Medium Azure Container, Box 2 x 2 x 1 - Top Opening - 35700
- Medium Azure Tile 2 x 2 with Groove with Red Gift Bow and Silver Stars Pattern - 3068bpb2044
Snowman - col23-3
This snowman is my favorite figure from this series. I love that the "snow head" is a removable helmet. The carrot nose is removable, and also a new part from Lego.
Sugar Fairy - col23-2
Notable in this pack is the candy cane. The one thing you'll be wondering for a while is how Lego managed to print the pattern on this curved and small element.
Turkey Costume - col23-9
This is a very elaborate and detailed turkey costume. The minifigure is composed of the following parts:
- Red Minifigure, Headgear Mask Penguin / Chicken / Turkey with Blue Around Eyes and Bright Light Orange Beak Pattern - 25971pb04
- Reddish Brown Hips and Legs with Red Boots Pattern - 970c00pb0420
- Reddish Brown Minifigure, Costume Turkey Fan Tail - 1612
- Reddish Brown Torso Red Collar, Black Feather Lines Pattern / Reddish Brown Bird Wings - 973pb4867c01
- Yellow Minifigure, Head Dual Sided, Black Eyebrows, Smile with Teeth and Tongue / Scowl Pattern - Hollow Stud - 3626cpb3092
Wolf Costume - col23-8
I really love the new wolf head cover. It has detailed eyes, nose and teeth.
With the transition to hard boxes, Lego has taken away the ability to feel the bag and determine the minifigure inside. As collectors, it's back to good old fashioned trading.